Petra Cliffs Bouldering Marathon
Petra Cliffs Bouldering Marathon: June 22nd - July 23rd, 2020
Come and compete to have a chance to win some cool pries! We've got a crash pad, portable hang board and a chalk pot and some chalk for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place, respecively. There's no limit to the amount of times you climb an record a succesfull climb on you score card. only thin gthat matters is your total score at the vey end!
- Competition is for members only
- Score is based on total “V Points” accumulated during the competition period. V1= 1 point. V5= 5 points. No additional values for +/-.
- The competition runs for one month. At the end of the month, the member who has accumulated the most V Points wins.
- Each boulder problem can be climbed as many times as the participant likes.
- Only completed “sends” count for points. A “send” is when the competitor begins on the start hold and finishes on the finish hold, using only the handhold and footholds for the specific climb. Start and finish must be controlled.
- Each successful climb must be initialed or confirmed by a witness. If no other member is available for initials, staff can initial a score card. Remember social distancing.
- Score cards will be kept at the front desk. Competitors will pick them up at arrival and drop them off upon departure.
- This is a competition based on the honor system; your membership can be revoked for cheating.
- Staff are excluded from participation.
Free Member Clinic Series
These Petra Cliffs Member Clinics are FREE for Petra Cliffs pre-paid and EFT members; $15 for non-members and partner organizations.
Have a suggestion for other member clinics? Talk to our staff on your next visit or shoot us an email at email@example.com
Monthly Send Series
These competitions are also free for Petra Cliffs pre-paid and EFT members and $15 for non-members and are a fun and welcoming way to meet other climbers in a number of unique formats. Since clinics typically require 10 participants minimum to run, payment will be taken on the day of the event.
If you are not a member, the cost of admission covers climbing and participation for the duration of the event only. If you would like to continue climbing after the event, day passes can be purchased for a discounted rate of $5
Information and Booking: Register Online! (use the tabs to navigate to "Monthly Send Series")
- Anchor Construction / Deconstruction
- Anchor Cleaning and Rappelling
- Training for Climbing- Endurance and Strength
- Gym to Crag Transitions
- Rescues & Self Rescue Skills
- Injury Prevention
- Training for Climbing
- The Science of Rock Climbing
- Essential Rope Rescue Skills