Petra Cliffs' Three Routesetting Goals:
- Fun and Function
- Facilitate Growth and Improvement
Things to Know about Petra Routesetting
- Volumes and features (aretes, stemmy corners, etc.) are on for all routes, unless they are labeled "off" on the card.
- The purpose of grades is to provide a metric for climbers to track progress. Grades are our best suggestions of difficulty but climbers' morphological differences and stylistic preferences are a key factor to each experience.
- Our grades are only meant to be consistent with climbs in our facility, not necessarily other gyms or outdoors. Generally boulders are harder and rope climbs are taller outside.
Pop-up boulders around the gym
We reset these more frequently than the rest of the boulders in the gym to support our climbers' growth in three, somewhat niche, climbing styles.
Slab of the Week
- Tricky slab challenges that often traverse to help develop footwork and balance - reset weekly
Comp of the Week
- Competition style moves often including coordination & low percentage moves - reset every two weeks
If you have questions or comments about the routesetting we want to hear them. Select "routesetting" from the menu to send your questions/ comments to the setting team. There are some optional general routesetting survey questions and/ or you can provide feedback anonymously or with your email to the head setter if you'd like a response.
CLING Climbing App:
What is CLING?
Cling offers maps of routes active in the gym, grades, tracks your progress, offers lessons, insight into movement, terminology, and so much more.
Is it free?
CLING is FREE and ready to download to your smartphone. It can send you updates when new routes have been added so you can pick your climb ahead of time and comment your feedback right there in the app.
You can download CLING Here on Android and IOS or through your app store!