Recreational Climbing Team
Winter Session I: Monday January 4th - Wednesday March 17th
Spring Session I: Monday March 22nd - Wednesday May 27th
*no practices during BSD School Breaks
Cost: $320 per session
Payment due in full at time of registration. Please contact us if you wish to discuss other payment options.
- Ages 8 and up (age spread is typically 8-12 years old)
- Practices are Mondays & Wednesdays 3:15 - 5:15 PM
- Rec Team focuses on having fun, building basic climbing technique, while learning to climb and belay safely
- Perfect for climbers who love the camaraderie and education of climbing team, but who aren't as interested in competing
- Rec Team members are encouraged to come and climb outside of practices as much as possible
All Teams Include:
- Full membership to Petra Cliffs and use of rental gear anytime throughout the session
- Team t-shirt or tank
- Evolv and Scarpa climbing shoe discounts
- Discounted entry to Petra Cliffs competitions
- Parents and family members receive 40% off memberships
- USA Climbing Memberships NOT included
Additional COVID-19 Measures
We know this has been a hard time for a lot of our climbers, but if we all do our part to stay as safe as possible, we can hopefully take an active role in the re-opening of the state.
- Climbers must follow all guidelines set forth by Petra Cliffs in accordance with State of Vermont Executive Orders including wearing cloth facemasks in the facility, practicing social distancing and handwashing/sanitizing.
- Guidelines will be updated on the Petra Cliffs Website and coaches will inform the team of any relevant updates.
- We cannot realistically predict changes that may happen in the future. While there hopefully will be further easing of restrictions we do recognize the possibility of a tightening. Due to this possibility, we want folks to register with the understanding that there may be changes to how we operate, including the transition from in-person to remote coaching.
We have no strict age cut-off for either group; we have found it's best to work with each member of the team to identify his or her skill level, goals, and maturity level. Taking those factors into consideration, our coaches are able to help each climber find the best fit for them!
Please call the gym at 802.657.3872 or email our Youth Programs Manager cate@ with any questions! petracliffs.com