Development Climbing Team
The Development Team is targeted toward climbers working to realize their potential in a wider range of aspects to the sport. Each team member completes a monthly "objective" that encourages growth not just in climbing, but as active members of Petra Cliffs and the greater Vermont climbing community.
Each month, coaches will offer four types of objectives. Some possible objectives are:
- Volunteer to assist with another Petra Cliffs Youth Program
- Participate in an indoor technical skills clinic or Petra Cliffs event
- Volunteer for a climbing area trail day, either with CRAG-VT or as a team
Not included in team fee:
- Train for and compete in local, regional, and national USA Climbing competitions
- Go climbing outside with a certified guide
Practices are up to two days per week on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday from 5 - 7 PM. We follow the Burlington School District’s holiday closures for our practices (not including parent-teacher conferences).
Cost: 1x per week = $130; 2x per week = $250 per month.
Age: 10 + or with coach approval
- Instruction and gear rentals during practices
- Membership with gear rentals for team member
- Family membership discount
- 3 Petra Cliffs team shirts dispersed throughout the calendar year
Please call the gym at 802.657.3872 or email youth@ with any questions. petracliffs.com