Competitive Climbing Team
(Limited to 10 participants)
Rolling Admission - must receive approval from program director
Cost: Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) based on a 3X practice* per week schedule
- Practices year round**
- Competitive Team is for those climbers who wish to become a finely tuned athlete dedicated to training, improving technique, and competing at a high level
- The smaller group size allows for more customized training and workouts
- The focus on advanced level route climbing & bouldering skills and personalized training allow climbers to progress at their best individual pace
- Designed for those who wish to compete in Divisional and National USA Climbing competitions
- Participation in at least 4 regional competitions per session strongly encouraged
- At least 1 year of Development Team or equivalent experience and prior approval required for Competitive Team
*other options available~ contact our Youth Programs Manager at cate@ for more information petracliffs.com
**practices typically fall on a Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 5:15-7:30PM schedule, and may be rescheduled around holidays, gym functions, etc.
All Teams Include:
- Full membership to Petra Cliffs and use of rental gear anytime throughout the session
- Team t-shirt or tank
- Evolv climbing shoe discount
- Discounted entry to Petra Cliffs competitions
- Families receive 40% off memberships
- USAC Memberships NOT included
Additional COVID-19 Measures
We know this has been a hard time for a lot of our climbers, but if we all do our part to stay as safe as possible, we can hopefully take an active role in the re-opening of the state.
- Climbers must follow all guidelines set forth by Petra Cliffs in accordance with State of Vermont Executive Orders including wearing cloth facemasks in the facility, practicing social distancing and handwashing/sanitizing.
- Guidelines will be updated on the Petra Cliffs Website and coaches will inform the team of any relevant updates.
- We cannot realistically predict changes that may happen in the future. While there hopefully will be further easing of restrictions we do recognize the possibility of a tightening. Due to this possibility, we want folks to register with the understanding that there may be changes to how we operate, including the transition from in-person to remote coaching.
We have no strict age cut-off for either group; we have found it's best to work with each member of the team to identify his or her skill level, goals, and maturity level. Taking those factors into consideration, our coaches are able to help each climber find the best fit for them!
If climbers advance to the Divisional or National competitions, Petra Cliffs will work with the individual climbers to develop additional climbing & training sessions beyond the scope of normal practices.
Please call the gym at 802.657.3872 or email Cate, our Youth Programs Manager, at cate@ with any questions. petracliffs.com
Photos by Sam Simon Imaging