Announcing a Bouldering Marathon for our Members
Petra Cliffs Bouldering Marathon: June 22nd - July 23rd, 2020
Do you like to climb? Do you like winning stuff? You can do both by participating in the Petra Cliffs Bouldering Marathon!
Starting Monday 6/22 any Petra Member can grab a score card and start racking up points to go towards your total score to win some cool prizes! We've got a crash pad, a Mammut chalk pot w/ chalk, and a skin maintenance kit from Black Diamond for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place, respectively. There's no limit to the amount of times you climb and record a successful climb on you score card. The only thing that matters is your total score at the very end!
- Competition is for members only
- Score is based on total “V Points” accumulated during the competition period. V1= 1 point. V5= 5 points. No additional values for +/-.
- The competition runs for one month. At the end of the month, the member who has accumulated the most V Points wins.
- Each boulder problem can be climbed as many times as the participant likes.
- Only completed “sends” count for points. A “send” is when the competitor begins on the start hold and finishes on the finish hold, using only the handhold and footholds for the specific climb. Start and finish must be controlled.
- Each successful climb must be initialed or confirmed by a witness. If no other member is available for initials, staff can initial a score card (use the honor system and have them inital on your way out). Remember social distancing.
- Score cards will be kept at the front desk. Competitors will pick them up at arrival and drop them off upon departure.
- This is a competition based on the honor system; your membership can be suspended for cheating.
- Staff members are excluded from participation.