In the words of the Access Fund, we "envision a world where climbers are seen as stewards of the land versus simply “users” of the land. To this end, we advocate for a balance between recreational access and environmental conservation, and we encourage climbers to respect and honor the places and policies where they climb."
Petra Cliffs works closely with the following organizations to help preserve our climbing areas for future generations. In addition to helping that cause, we list some of the other awesome membership benefits!
- CRAG-VT (local discounts at gear shops & at Petra Cliffs!)
- Access Fund (discounts on climbing magazines, gear, camping)
- American Alpine Club (rescue insurance, guide book library, and much more)
To find out how to get involved, please visit the links above or contact us to have us help you find a good fit!
Volunteer for community service hours, fundraise for a school project, or join a trail day!
Petra Cliffs has taken The CEO Diversity Pledge to help shape the outdoor industry in a more inclusive light. The outdoors doesn’t judge the color of one’s skin, their gender, their size, their ability, or their beliefs. We want everyone to have access and feel safe out there, because we all deserve the vast benefits that the outdoors can offer.
Projects Petra Cliffs & its employees have participated in...
- Hosted a Fundraiser for replacement of Lake Willoughby Rescue Cache
- Hosted a Fundraiser for anchor bolt replacement in collaboration with CRAG-VT and an American Alpine Club – Access Fund Anchor Replacement Grant
- CRAG-VT Quarry Clean Up
- Helped clear underbrush to increase climber's parking area
- Northeast Mountain Science Conference
- Strengthening Research Partnerships for Healthy Mountain Ecosystems
- Presented to scientists & researchers on the importance of maintaining outdoor recreation in alpine environments and what we can do to reduce impact and promote education & stewardship
- Generated discussion for the proposed Mt. Mansfield Science & Stewardship Center
- Outdoor Industry Capitol Summit
- Leaders in Vermont's Outdoor Industry gathered in Montpelier to educate Vermont's legislature on the importance of the Outdoor Recreation Economy
- Fundraiser with Shelburne Community School for the FEED Program
- Bringing together Classroom, Cafeteria and Community Connections & Farms