SumMAT Camp Resources
(Day Camps) You will receive an e-mail during the week before the start of your camp session. This will include the general schedule for each age-specific group (10 kids, 2 leaders). The day’s main activity will be accompanied by games at Petra Cliffs, at parks or fields (such as Bayside Park, Oakledge, etc), and perhaps a dip in the afternoon at the lake or a stream to cool off (staying in shallow waters). Please check in with your child’s leaders or the Camp Director if you have ANY questions—we do our best to reach out to every parent or guardian, but drop off and pick up times can be quite busy.
Things to Bring Everyday
What to wear / What to bring:
- A day pack to carry everything!
- Shorts or pants, depending on weather and preference
- Warm long sleeve shirt, fleece or sweatshirt
- Rain jacket
- Swimsuit and towel
- Water Shoes (NO OPEN TOES!) We love Keen or Teva sandals with closed toes.
- 1-Quart Water bottle
- A BIG nutritious lunch and some snacks
- Insect repellent - Ticks have a growing presence in VT, please plan accordingly!
- Sunscreen and sunglasses
- Hat - for sun protection and to wear under helmets if desired
- **If you wear glasses, please bring a glasses strap to wear during water activities**
- Durable old clothes- long sleeves (sweatshirt or fleece) and pants (you are going to get very dirty!)
- Gloves (optional for comfort, light fleece gloves or gardening gloves are great)
- Clean clothes to change into after coming out of the caves
- A garbage bag to put muddy clothes in
Please help us avoid unnecessary injuries and accidents by wearing close-toed shoes (hiking boots, sneakers). NO OPEN-TOED SHOES OR SANDALS, PLEASE!