Petra Cliffs Updates
This page will be continually updated. Last update: 12/7/20
Covid-19 Facility Use Protocols:
Facility users agree to additional posted rules around the facility including (but not limited to) the following:
1) I agree to wear a face mask at all times while in the Petra Cliffs facility and upon entering and exiting the facility.
2) I agree that if I am unable to keep my mask above my nose and below my mouth, and receive two verbal warnings by a Petra Cliffs Staff Member, that there will be no third warning and that I will vacate the facility upon the requirement of Petra Cliffs Staff.
3) I agree to have shown no symptoms consistent with COVID-19 for the past 14 days.
4) I agree to have not been around a COVID-19 positive person for 14+ days.
5) I agree to keep at least 6 feet of spacing between myself and others, unless we are housemates or family/quarantine partners.
6) I agree to the limited 1.5 hour time-slot per reservation at this time.
7) I agree to adhere to best safe practices, and if uncompliant I will agree to physically leave the facility upon manager's request.
8) Agree to have met the State of Vermont's Agency of Commerce Leisure Travel and Quarintine restrictions if travelling from outside of the State of Vermont.
*Have you taken a test recently, due to possible exposure, and have not received your results? You will not be permitted to climb in our facility and should adhere to guidelines set forth by the State of Vermont. Link: HealthVT.gov Awaiting Test Results
* New updates to the Reservation System to better accomodate members, youth members, single-day members or those wishing to use guest passes from members.
** We still have the ability to take reservations for Parties & Friday Night Kids Club if in the same household.
We are now open for both members and walk-in visitors! At this time, we are strongly encouraging folks to make a booking through our website to reserve a time slot. We are operating at 25% capacity (35 people), and have started to reach that limit more regularly. By making a reservation ahead of time, you are securing a spot during that climbing period. Please call the gym at (802)657-3872 to cancel a reservation. Unfortunately, we are not able to rent chalk at this time.
Summer camp was a success! Checkout our SumMAT Camp Page.
Ways you can continue to support Petra Cliffs
- Keep your membership active
- Buy a gift card
- Buy a punch card
- Buy a membership *watch for membership deals too!
- Become a sustaining member
- Receive our newsletters
- Stay up-to-date with news items
We recognize that facility being closed temporarily impacted your ability to climb. We understand that you may be considering a change to your membership. Please contact Tim (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions. Membership changes can be requested online here: My Membership!
Past Member Letters HERE
Covid Closure: Membership Change Form*
*Members must use this form to make changes to their accounts (Opt-Out). If no change request is received, dues will post as normal.
Become a Sustaining Member
A Sustaining Membership is one of the most convenient way to support Petra Cliffs if you cannot afford to maintain your membership or wish to assist us get through this challenging time. Read more... and become a sustaining member now!
Program Bookings and Group Events
We are now available to book small group programs, following proper protocols of course! We've also reinstated Friday Night Kids Club and Party times on weekends. * new restrictions outlined on 11/10 require these programs to be same household only.
Climbing Reservations: Are taking place HERE!
Climbing Teams: Fall/Winter teams and camps are reinstated and we have filled at capacity for our Youth Mini-Monkeys, Rec and Comp Teams for the Fall session. Please contact our Youth Programs Coordinator Cate@ w/ any questions. petracliffs.com
Communication / Timeline
Special November Announcement - New Guidelines from Gov. Scott's announcement
September 15th - Vermont Climbing Festival, Member Highlight, Expanded Hours
List of past newsletters HERE