Petra Cliffs Updates
This page will be continually updated. Last update: 10/19/20
Covid-19 Facility Use Protocols:
Facility users agree to additional posted rules around the facility including (but not limited to) the following:
1) I agree to wear a face mask at all times while in the Petra Cliffs facility and upon entering and exiting the facility.
2) I agree that if I am unable to keep my mask above my nose and below my mouth, and receive two verbal warnings by a Petra Cliffs Staff Member, that there will be no third warning and that I will vacate the facility upon the requirement of Petra Cliffs Staff.
3) I agree to have shown no symptoms consistent with COVID-19 for the past 14 days.
4) I agree to have not been around a COVID-19 positive person for 14+ days.
5) I agree to keep at least 6 feet of spacing between myself and others, unless we are housemates or family/quarantine partners.
6) I agree to the limited 1.5 hour time-slot per reservation at this time.
7) I agree to adhere to best safe practices, and if uncompliant I will agree to physically leave the facility upon manager's request.
*If you have taken a test recently and have not received your results? You will not be permitted to climb in our facility and should adhere to guidelines set forth by the State of Vermont. Link: HealthVT.gov Awaiting Test Results
On March 15, we announced that Petra Cliffs would temporarily close due to the outbreak of COVID-19. This was an incredibly difficult choice for us, but one that we felt was necessary to protect our staff and community. Our decision has been well received by our community, and we thank you for that. We will post updates here, but please feel free to reach out to us if you have questions that are not answered here.
Summer camp was a success! Checkout our SumMAT Camp Page.
Ways you can continue to support Petra Cliffs
- Keep your membership active
- Buy a gift card
- Buy a punch card
- Buy a membership *watch for membership deals too!
- Become a sustaining member
- Pre-Order a Quaran-Tee
- Receive our newsletters
- Stay up-to-date with news items
We recognize that our decision to close temporarily impacted your ability to climb. We understand that you may be considering a change to your membership.. Please read the letter below for the available options so that our community and staff can be here for you when we re-open.
*Members must use this form to make changes to their accounts (Opt-Out). If no change request is received, dues will post as normal.
Become a Sustaining Member
A Sustaining Membership is one of the most convenient way to support Petra Cliffs if you cannot afford to maintain your membership or wish to assist us get through this challenging time. Read more... and become a sustaining member now!
Program Bookings and Group Events
Members Only Reservations: Will take place HERE upon reopening.
Climbing Teams: Fall teams and camps are reinstated and we have filled at capacity for our Youth Mini-Monkeys, Rec and Comp Teams for this session. Our Skills Camp has space on Thursday/Friday's. Please contact Cate@ to register. petracliffs.com
Communication / Timeline
September 15th - Vermont Climbing Festival, Member Highlight, Expanded Hours
List of past newsletters here: ____________
July 2nd Newsletter - Member Spotlights, 30% Membership Discount, Bike Benefits
June 17th Newsletter - Updates to Members regarding Reservations
June 11th Newsletter - Member Spotlights, SumMAT Kickoff, Outdoor Guiding and Send it to the Polls!
June 10th Newsletter - June Member Letter regarding unlimited weekly member reservations
May 28th Newsletter - Member Spotlights, SumMAT Updates, Thursday Throwback
May 15 Newsletter - Update to SumMAT Camp Parents
May 7 Newsletter - Member Spotlights, Climbing Business Journaal, Gov. Scott and more!
April 30 Newsletter - Member Spotlights, Community Feedback and more!
April 21 Newsletter - April Member Letter send to all current Petra members regarding Opt-out Membership Change Form
March 27 Newsletter - Staff and Member Spotlights and more!
March 21 Governor Executive Order - Gov. Phil Scott directed the closure of close-contact business including gyms and fitness facilities until April 15
March 19 Newsletter - Member Letter sent to all current Petra Members regarding Opt-out Membership Change Form
March 15 Newsletter - Temporary Closure Announcement. Original hope was to open April 1
March 10 Newsletter - Health & Safety Precautions Increased