Mini Monkeys Coach
Petra Cliffs Climbing Center & Mountaineering School is looking for passionate, self-motivated, and creative coach to join our Youth Programs staff! Mini Monkeys is a twice weekly after school program that gets kids active and climbing. This position is Tuesdays and Thursdays, from 2:45 pm- 5:15pm.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide care and supervision for climbers in your group.
- Plan, prepare for, and deliver programming for climbers in coordination with Program Manager.
- Attend all relevant and assigned staff meetings/check-ins.
- Support and instruct climbers in activities such as climbing, bouldering, knot tying, ropes course, and more.
- Maintain a positive group environment emphasizing a culture that is relevant, healthy and fun.
- Lead by example in observing and enforcing Petra Cliffs rules and safety regulations.
- Be a resource for the public and an ambassador of Petra Cliffs
- Maintain clean programming areas and practice Leave No Trace principles.
- Some duties may be reassigned and additional duties may be assigned as required.
Qualifications and Skills
- 16 years of age or older
- Ability to take initiative; be proactive without waiting for direction; have a strong sense of personal accountability and ability to execute such behavior
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership skills
- Ability to be a consistent and positive mentor and source of support and care for climbers
Job Type: Part-Time
Preferred experience: Youth development - minimum 1 year
- Current First Aid certification (pay increases with higher or the addition of other relevant certifications)
- Valid CPR certification
Please return a completed application, current resume, and cover letter to our Youth Programs Manager, Cate Beebe, either in person at 105 Briggs St, Burlington Vermont, or by email to cate@. petracliffs.com