Be a part of Vermont's climbing future!
Petra Cliffs has been a fixture in the Burlington, Vermont community since its foundation in 2000. Through Petra Cliffs: climbing, adventure, recreation and education have reached over a half million people in Vermont, the Northeast, nationwide, and globally. As a sport that is accessible to all ages and abilities, Petra Cliffs provides a lifestyle as much as a physical challenge and a community as much as a gym. In the modern era of climbing, and as we approach the sport's debut in the 2020 Olympics, Petra Cliffs is excited to continue to provide the best in instruction, education, climbing resources, health, wellness, and programming to our community and far beyond.
Petra Cliffs is underway with plans to build a ground up, modern climbing gym and community facility just a few hundred feet away from its current location, abutting City Market- South End. In February 2019 the parcel of land at 75 Briggs Street was purchased with help of our investors, and we are keeping the Offering open for additional capital towards the building construction and climbing walls. Help us cross the finish line for this Burlington fixture to continue to serve its community, which reaches far beyond the walls!
Accredited Investors can find more information here.
The building site is located at 75 Briggs Street in Burlington, Vermont. New Construction of approximately 13,390 square feet (approximate 9,405 sf building footprint) is organized on two stories, including a first story mezzanine. The top story contains 1,725 sf of enclosed building area and provides access to an open rooftop of approximately 1,388 sf.
- Lot Size: 1.67 acres
- Building Size: 13,390 gsf (9,405 sf footprint)
- Lobby/Lounge, Office Space, 2 Classrooms, Yoga Studio (735 sf), Classroom Space, Open Rooftop
- 2 Restrooms with Showers / 2 Single Neutral Baths (one with shower)
- 3-Stop Elevator
- Energy Modeling performed for high energy efficiency, 10 year payback
- Building will be net-zero ready, discussions ongoing for solar to complete net-zero
- Significant incentives & rebates offered by Burlington Electric Department
- Over 10,500 square feet of climbing (toprope, lead & autobelay)
- Over 5,100 square feet of bouldering, not including training walls
- 15m speed climbing wall, 2 lanes with autobelays
- Bouldering tunnel, approx 12' wide, 20' long
- 2 training walls (adjustable Kilter and Tension)
- Campus boards/training station
- Free weights
- Enclosed cardio room
- Climbing clinics for all ages & abilities
- Fitness classes for general fitness to sport-specific
- 735 sq ft yoga room with roll up garage door, expanding onto 1,388 sq ft roof deck
- Yoga, meditation, barre, and other classes